BENDIXKING ANNOUNCES INSTALLATION FACILITY FOR FIRST AEROVUE INTEGRATED FLIGHT DECK ON THE BEECHCRAFT KING AIR B200
Installation to support certification work on King Air B200 aircraft.
OSHKOSH, Wis., July 20, 2015 — BendixKing, a division of Honeywell Aerospace (NYSE: HON), announced that Western Aircraft, a Greenwich AeroGroup company in Boise, Idaho has been selected to perform the installation of the new BendixKing AeroVueTM integrated flight deck for a Beechcraft King Air B200 aircraft. This specific installation will then serve as the certification basis aircraft for the Supplemental Type Certificate of the AeroVue product on the King Air B200 model.
“Given their experience with avionics installations and service on turbine aircraft, I’m very pleased to have Western Aircraft as our business partner for this project,” said Justin Ryan, president, BendixKing. “Western Aircraft is highly skilled working on both Honeywell avionics and the King Air aircraft, which positions them very well to support us on the AeroVue program.”
Western Aircraft has been an authorized service center for Beechcraft and Honeywell for more than 26 years.
“Western Aircraft is excited to participate in the development and future sales of the BendixKing AeroVue system,” said Director of Sales and Marketing for Western Aircraft Brian Rehberg. “We have a long history of completing avionics retrofits in turboprop and jet aircraft, and we believe the AeroVue system is well-suited to meet the needs of aircraft owners and operators.”
BendixKing’s work on the AeroVue Supplemental Type Certificate for the Beechcraft King Air B200 will be in addition to ongoing certification work for the King Air 200 model.
The AeroVue integrated flight deck provides a completely new avionics suite for Beechcraft King Air 200 and B200 operators, including an industry-leading Flight Management System with Vertical Navigation, digital autopilot, SmartViewTM synthetic vision, a Cursor Control Device, and three 12” advanced LCD screens. Additional features of the AeroVue system include:
- Dual Wide Area Augmentation System GPS receivers
- Integrated engine instrumentation on the primary flight displays enables easier pilot scan
- Dual-channel Air Data and Attitude Heading Reference System
- Software-based multi-mode digital radios for navigation and communication
- Mode S transponder, Automatic Dependent Surveillance - Broadcast Out compliant
- Flight Management Systems keyboard with joystick
- XM Weather receiver
- Electronic checklists
- Distance Measuring Equipment
- Primary Flight Displays contains track-centered display for more precise flying
- Dual audio panels with Bluetooth® connection and read back functionality
- Digital standby attitude module with airspeed, altitude, and slip indication
- Interfaces with legacy BendixKing sensors, including select Traffic Collision Avoidance System, Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System, and weather radar units
- Full 2-year system warranty
BendixKing is committed to the creation of innovative, reliable, intuitive avionics for the general aviation pilot. When you choose to fly with BendixKing you can be confident that the products you depend on today will serve you well into the future. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter at @BendixKing.
About Western Aircraft
Western Aircraft is a full-service FBO, FAA certified aircraft repair station, and a factory authorized maintenance/modification facility for Cessna Aircraft, Dassault Falcon, Hawker Beechcraft, Honeywell, Rockwell Collins, Universal Avionics, Pilatus, Piaggio and many other major suppliers to the Corporate and General Aviation industry. Additionally, they are a factory appointed dealer selling new Pilatus and Piper aircraft. Western Aircraft services include maintenance, avionics and interior refurbishments; aircraft sales, charter and management; parts distribution and fixed base operations. For more information, go to www.westair.com.