ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — July 22, 2016 — BendixKing, a division of Honeywell Aerospace (NYSE: HON), announced it has received FAA approval for the installation of its KT 74 ADS-B Transponder and KGX-Series ADS-B transceivers on a broad list of popular general aviation helicopters. An approved model list (AML) supplemental type certificate (STC) approval is now available for popular airframes including the Bell 429/407/206L/206B, Airbus AS 322/350/B3/355/365, EC 120/130/135/145, Robinson R22/44/66 and MD-500.
"We are excited to have achieved this milestone for our ADS-B solutions because it significantly reduces the paperwork and overall installation time for helicopter operators" said Justin Ryan, president, BendixKing. "Many of these aircraft were delivered with BendixKing KT 76A/C transponders which make them great candidates for the KT 74, which is a slide in replacement. We also offer a trade-in rebate for the old transponder making this a simple and cost-effective way to meet the upcoming mandate."
About BendixKing ADS-B Solutions
The AML STC includes:
- KT 74 ADS-B OUT Mode S transponder*
- KGX 150R ADS-B remote mount receiver with an Integrated WAAS GPS
- KGX 130R ADS-B remote mount receiver without an integrated GPS
- KGX Wireless WI-FI Adapter to interface with popular iOS and Android tablets for ADS-B Traffic & Weather.
Airframes approved under the AML STC are:
- Bell Helicopter 429/407/206L/206B
- Airbus Helicopters AS 322/350/B3/355/365 and EC 120/130/135/145
- Robinson Helicopters R22/44/66
- MD Helicopters MD-500.
*Compatible WAAS navigators or the KGX 150R ADS-B remote mount receiver with an Integrated WAAS GPS may be used as a position source for ADS-B OUT with this STC.
Product videos, pricing and further information may be found at the BendixKing website, http://www.bendixking.com/V4/ADS-B