Do you know that your internet browser is out of date?
Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website.
Please use IE11, or download the latest version of Chrome, Firefox or Edge.
By closing this window you acknowledge that your experience on this website may be degraded.
KRA 405B Radar Altimeter
Fly with one of the most widely used and proven radar altimeters on the market
The KRA 405B radar altimeter (RADALT) is a lightweight, solid-state, airborne altimeter that provides accurate altitude measurements above terrain during various portions of flight. With more than 10,000 produced and sold to date and more than four million service hours, the KRA 405B RADALT has proven to be one of the most reliable and industry proven radar altimeters available.
The KRA 405B System provides the pilot with dependable, accurate altitude Above Ground Level (AGL) information during approach and outputs this information as analog voltages and ARINC 429 digital format, which makes it ideal for both retrofit and new installations.
The KRA 405B is easier to install and minimizes aircraft downtime, which can save you both money and time.
- Frequency: 4.2 GHz to 4.4 GHz
- Operating range: 0 to +2500 feet
- Accuracy: ± 3 ft or ±3%, < 500ft ±5%, >500ft
- Analog and digital outputs
- Temperature range: -55°C to 70°C (operating), -55°C to 85°C (non-operating)
- Size: 3”x3.5”x11”
- Weight: 3 pounds
- TSO C87/ETSO-2C87 (1997) airborne low-range radio altimeter
- DO-160B (environmental conditions and test procedures for airborne equipment)
- DO-155 (minimum performance specification - airborne low-range altimeters)
- DO-178B Level A (software considerations in airborne systems and equipment certification)
- Bell 429 Helicopter
- Embraer E2
*Prices listed are manufacturer’s suggested retail prices (MSRP). Actual price is determined by BendixKing’s authorized dealers and may vary depending on, among other things, country, region, installation costs and any additional parts that may be required. For more complete pricing information, please contact an authorized BendixKing dealer.