Do you know that your internet browser is out of date?
Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website.
Please use IE11, or download the latest version of Chrome, Firefox or Edge.
By closing this window you acknowledge that your experience on this website may be degraded.
BendixKing Announces Customer Wins and New Products
BendixKing Announces Customer Wins and New Products
BendixKing will provide AeroVue Touch primary flight display and AeroCruze KFC 230 autopilot for the Model 44 Angel aircraft.
OSHKOSH, Wis., July 23, 2018 – BendixKing, a business unit of Honeywell (NYSE: HON), has signed an agreement with Aloong Aircraft (Jingmen) Co. Ltd. to install its latest primary flight display and autopilot on Aloong’s Model 44 Angel aircraft in Asia and Africa. The updated cockpit technologies, including touch displays, synthetic vision and a digital autopilot, will help reduce pilot workload and increase passenger safety.
“Pilots are looking for cockpit technologies that are sophisticated, intuitive and easy to use. The addition of our AeroVue Touch flight display and AeroCruze autopilot to the Model 44 Angel aircraft provides just that,” said Gregg Cohen, president, BendixKing. “AeroVue Touch, our latest flight display, and AeroCruze, our newest autopilot, are designed to deliver innovative, cost-effective technologies to lower operational cost and improve ease of use to help make flying easier and more enjoyable for Aloong Aircraft customers.”
BendixKing’s AeroVue Touch doubles as a primary flight display and multifunction display. It features Honeywell’s SmartView Synthetic Vision System, as well as a moving map, aeronautical charts, traffic and weather, and a vertical situation display, all housed within a 10.1-inch touchscreen with near-4K resolution. BendixKing’s newest autopilot, the AeroCruze KFC 230, provides superior handling qualities and performance, in an easy-to-use, all-digital autopilot that features a glove-friendly color liquid crystal display.
“With the AeroVue Touch and AeroCruze, we are supplying our customers with the latest in cockpit technology to keep them flying safely and efficiently,” said Liang Ding Rui, chairman, Aloong Aircraft. “This is especially true with the integration of engine displays onto the AeroVue Touch screen. We can give pilots the situational awareness they need in one display to make important decisions in flight.”
About AeroVue Touch and AeroCruze KFC 230
BendixKing’s AeroVue Touch is an all-digital, integrated flight display designed to replace traditional six- and eight-pack mechanical instrument panels. It provides the following key benefits to pilots and aircraft owners:
- Improved safety: AeroVue Touch includes Honeywell’s SmartView Synthetic Vision System, normally found on business and commercial aviation avionics, which gives pilots better awareness of surrounding terrain, obstacles, airspace and traffic, resulting in safer navigation.
- Reduced pilot workload: The software menu structure is designed to reduce workload during critical phases of flight by making most functions accessible within one or two touches, and any function in less than four touches. A remote control panel consisting of only four knobs can also be installed close to the pilot to provide a means of stabilizing the pilot’s hand in turbulence while controlling the system.
- Cost effective: AeroVue Touch is competitively priced, and many features that typically cost extra are included as standard.
AeroCruze, also known as the KFC 230, is an all-digital autopilot that provides a wide range of capabilities to pilots, including:
- Advanced flight control: AeroCruze is a full three-axis autopilot that provides roll steering, altitude preselect, control of the flight director bars on an attitude indicator and automatic wing leveling. It supports both very high frequency omnidirectional range and instrument landing system radio navigation systems and global positioning systems.
- Ease of use: AeroCruze KFC 230 features a high-contrast touchscreen display for easy readability and control, mode annunciation so that the pilot knows which mode the autopilot is in, and a single knob to control frequently used functions.
- Cost-effective upgrade to previous BendixKing autopilots: AeroCruze reuses the existing servos, or control systems, from BendixKing’s older autopilots, eliminating the need to purchase and install new ones. Furthermore, the existing servos are automatically covered by AeroCruze’s two-year factory warranty at no extra cost, regardless of their age and condition.
For more information about the Aloong Aircraft deal, AeroVue Touch and AeroCruze KFC 230, please visit BendixKing’s website or stop by the BendixKing Pavilion (#292) at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2018.
- Learn more about AeroVue Touch
- Learn more about AeroCruze KFC 230
- Read more about BendixKing
- Like BendixKing on Facebook
- Follow @BendixKing on Twitter
BendixKing is committed to the creation of innovative, reliable, intuitive avionics for the general aviation pilot. When you choose to fly with BendixKing you can be confident that the products you depend on today will serve you well into the future. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter at @BendixKing.
Honeywell Aerospace products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft, and its turbochargers are used by nearly every automaker and truck manufacturer around the world. The Aerospace business unit develops innovative solutions for more fuel-efficient automobiles and airplanes, more direct and on-time flights, safer flying and runway traffic, along with aircraft engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity services, logistics, and more. The business delivers safer, faster, and more efficient and comfortable transportation-related experiences worldwide. For more information, visit www.honeywell.com or follow us at @Honeywell_Aero and @Honeywell_Turbo.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 software-industrial company that delivers industry specific solutions that include aerospace and automotive products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; and performance materials globally. Our technologies help everything from aircraft, cars, homes and buildings, manufacturing plants, supply chains, and workers become more connected to make our world smarter, safer, and more sustainable. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywell.com/newsroom.