Do you know that your internet browser is out of date?
Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website.
Please use IE11, or download the latest version of Chrome, Firefox or Edge.
By closing this window you acknowledge that your experience on this website may be degraded.
PS 578 Remote Transponder Control
Primus II Select Control Head
Starting at $14,636 USD*
- Control for use with MST-67A Enhanced Mode S Transponder (-2001/2101 versions)
- Complies with Enhanced Elementary Surveillance mandate for Mode S transponders in conjunction with MST-67A (-2001/2101)
- FID pushbutton allows entry of alpha numeric flight ID and annunciates FID on display
- Direct replacement for KFS-578A controls
- Contains all controls required for transponder operation including TEST, STANDBY, ON (transponder), ALTITUDE, VFR, and IDENT
- Range control standard; configurable according to version of KFS-578A that is being emulated (KFS-578A ranges: Normal (Limited), Extended, or Select)
- Can also serve as aircraft's TCAS controller for TCAS equipped aircraft
- Microprocessor based
- ABOVE/NORMAL/BELOW selects relative altitude display limits for non-threat category aircraft on traffic display
- TA selection places the TCAS in the Traffic Advisory mode (TCAS I & II)
- TA/RA selection places the TCAS in the Traffic Advisory/Resolution Advisory mode (TCAS II)
- FL (TCAS FLight Level) selection causes the TCAS indicator to change displayed altitude from Relative Altitude to absolute altitude
- Lamps can be powered by 5 Vac, 5 Vdc or 28V dimming source
- Note: Multiple voltage lamp input feature of PS-578A varies from KFS-578A that was version specific for lamp voltage.
- Black or gray faceplate available (see table below)
- White, Amber, or Night Vision Goggle (NVG) display available
- Versions available that provide control of two, individually selected transponders
- Versions available with ON/OFF switch to turn control unit ON or OFF
- Versions available compatible with TCAS I
- Versions available compatible with TCAS II
(all versions of PS-578 controls have range control capability and can be configured to correspond to existing range control capabilities of existing KFS-578A controls)
KFS-578A range configurations:
- "Normal" or Limited traffic display range control include ranges of 3,5,10,15 nm
- "Extended" traffic display range control include ranges of 3,5,10,15,20,40 nm
- "Select" traffic display range control include ranges of 5,10,20,40 nm (installation strap option)
- Units with No Range control flash "RNG CNTRL" for 1 second and "ON DSPL" (On Display) for 1 second when the Range rotary is activated.
*Prices listed are manufacturer’s suggested retail prices (MSRP). Actual price is determined by BendixKing’s authorized dealers and may vary depending on, among other things, country, region, installation costs and any additional parts that may be required. For more complete pricing information, please contact an authorized BendixKing dealer.